Introduction

Mostly recipes, sometimes other stuff, pretty much random

Monday, June 11, 2012

Eggs Benedict

Breakfast is my favorite! One of my top breakfast foods is eggs benedict. The other week on our cruise I got them almost every morning.

Since I've been home I've been in an eggs benedict depression. Where are my waitors that bring me scrumptiously delicious eggs every morning with a side of fruit and fresh coffee?! The cold, hard truth is that I am no longer on vacation and that past reality is now only a dream.

All that to say... I am forced to learn the skill of hollandaise sauce and master poached eggs.

First, the sauce, which turned out to be much easier than Julia Childs made it look in Julie & Julia.


But, true to Julia Childs and the three secrets of French cooking, you plop in 10 tablespoons of butter. Melt it on low but DON'T let it boil.

While that's happening, separate out three egg yolks and put them in the blender with a tbl of lemon juice. Blend untill the egg yolks are lighter in color (20-30 secs)

Then add the melted butter slowly while the blender is still on.

WABAM! That's all!! 

Next, poaching the egg. Fill up a shallow sauce pan with water. Heat it up till it's ALMOST boiling.
You can add a couple tbl spoons of vinegar if you want, but I didn't.

(unnecessary picture of water, almost boiling)

Then, crack the egg in a cup and carefully pour it into the water, turn off the heat and cover for four minutes ( which I found to be a perfect amount of time)




Then, fry up some Canadian bacon.


Ps. We didn't have any english muffins so I used bread instead...but it was still really delicious

Total Time: 30 min (tops!)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...