Introduction

Mostly recipes, sometimes other stuff, pretty much random

Monday, January 16, 2012

Something New - just for fun

I've been reading a few more blogs than normal lately. Usually I just post on here and I'm done. I don't spend a lot of time reading other blogs. But, I found myself with some extra time and for a while the other day I happened upon a few that I found really interesting. I realized a lot of them post outfits and fashion idea. It's fun looking at the pictures of what other's wear and all that jazz.

All that to say, I broke down and took a picture of my outfit today.

Gap skinny jeans ( hand me downs from my beloved sister) 
Buckle grey tank 
Express white tank with ruffles
Dry Goods cotton blazer ( favorite semi-new store in Schaumburg Woodfield mall) 
Opal necklace compliments of my mother 

Don't have my shoes on yet, but will probably wear something the boot department since there's like 4 inches of snow on the ground right now. 



Also, I'm finishing the post with 5 recommendations for those who's 2012 resolution is spicing up their style 

1. Get some good jeans (lets all try to eliminate mom-butt in 2012)
2. Don't be afraid to ask the sales women for help, it's their job and if they're good at their job, they will be more than happy to help you find what you didn't know you were looking for. 
3. Read fashion magazines, my personal favorite is Instyle 
4. Find someone who's style you're drawn to and ask them for advice, or to go shopping with you
5. Don't be afraid to branch out. 


And the bonus: CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSET! You  may have some treasures hidden in there that you forgot about. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...