Introduction

Mostly recipes, sometimes other stuff, pretty much random

Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Good Morning Rachel DeBoer, This is America!"

I'm back! Yes, it's officially official. I've slept in my own bed twice, took two showers, went to Starbucks and ate at Harold's chicken. How much more official can you be?

So since I've been home it's been adventure after adventure! (not really but sometimes if you word it right you can make ordinary experience sound really exciting)

My plan landed @ 5 a.m. Chicago time and I was picked up by my lovely sister and Father and after a breakfast stop I got home around 7... woo hoo! It was so good to be home! It was especially good to find that I had a new (to me) car waiting for me in the garage! yeah!

My plan was to stay up all day so that I could kick my jet lag right in the booty and start off with a bang! I did good till about 3:30 ( i had been up for about 42 hours at that point) I unpacked, gave my fam their gifts, played the guitar, went to target and starbucks, at lunch, ya know, things to try and distract.

Well, all good things come to an end and once I fell asleep it was all on! I slept till 5 when my niece came into my room to say hello. It took me 5 mintues to realize that I was at home and that she was not a figment of my imagination. then at like 6 my brother decided to write loser on my face. ( I woke up ready for a fight!) I at some din. and then decided to take a bath. I woke up to heather pounding on my bathroom door -- I had fallen asleep in the tub. Then I barely made it from the bathroom to my bed and konked out again. I finally woke up for real @ 7:30 a.m ish. ( hehe, I just realized that a.m. ish, spells Amish...) Whew... I don't think I've ever slept that long.

on the flip side, it's 7 am and I've been awake for 3.5 hours already. Watched a movie, took a shower and got ready for the day, looked at all the pictures that I could find on facebook, and now I'm writing a rediculously long post about nothing that anybody is interested in reading. but it fills my time so I will continue to write shamelessly.

This week I have a good amount of things to do including going to see annie down town! woo hoo, so excited, I love plays. I'll hopfully post some pics or somthing up for Thailand soon. I have to wait for them to come in the mail though, or some peeps to put them on facebook... la de da, can't they hurry!!!

anyway, untill next time my faithful readers

Ps. Watch cloudy with a change of meatballs :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...