Introduction

Mostly recipes, sometimes other stuff, pretty much random

Thursday, January 7, 2010

SNAILS!!

So it appears that Mai Chem is infested with snails.. I find them everywhere, in my clothes, in the dirt, on my sleeping bag, and well, yeah I guess their not everywhere, butI never thought I'd roll over in my bed and crush a snail. Oh the experiences....

These last few days we've been working at a local youth hostil doing some good ol' manual labor. It's been fun and pretty lax... most of the time. We've been digging trenches and poring concrete and landscaping and those kinds of things. It's run by kiwis (I'm completely surrounded!) and thus we enjoy the privilege of morning tea -- I totally think we should adopt that tradition in the u.s.

dispite the relaxed pace I still have blisters on my hands and a huge splinter in my arm that is too deep to dig out and is a little festery. I prayed for it last night though and woke up with alot less pain. Chocolate helps too. And the fact that we have a pool @ the place we're staying. I love thailand.

At night we've been going to meetings of a couple differnt hostils, the one that we're working at and another one about 15 minutes down the road.

Those meetings have been amazing! The kids are amazing and on fire for God. Last night we split up into to groups, ya know, divide and conqure, lol. us girls ( & benji) went to one hostile and the boyz went to another.

Bianca sang some songs she wrote and I talked on prayer, then we broke up into groups and had the kids pray over each other and we encouraged them to use the gifts of the spirit. The missionaries that run the hostil are just great, spirit filled, sweet people (they are americans, what can I say :-) It was an amazing night of prayer and worship and God showed up in exceptional ways! The night before this was just as good, the interpreter was finding it hard to interpret because she was holding back tears. We prayed over the kids, and a couple of them were healed, as well as just enveloped in God's love..

I felt so on fire and totally pumped up after that experience! It was definately a highlight for me. We're going back there on Saturday to go to some unreached villiages with them, and then on sunday morning we're teaching sunday school and things like that. I just love those kids! they are so precious!

The current tally is over 80 people healed, and over 400 saved... wow! God is amazing

God's power is flowing hard core! But there is always more. Press in for the good stuff! The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure, like a pearl... seek it out, want it, thirst for it, don't settle for less in your life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...