Introduction

Mostly recipes, sometimes other stuff, pretty much random

Friday, May 21, 2010

London: The adventure begins


I've learned so much since crossing the threshold out into this new world, it's amazing how educational trips like this really can be. 

Lesson #1: Sitting onto of luggage with rollers is not necessarily safe and may lead to the baggage swiftly falling out from under you. Needless to say, I severely damaged my tailbone. My mother, who is always sympathetic in these situations was laughing so hard that she spit out all the muffin she had in her mouth. about 5 minutes later she told me I had  muffin on my face. ewww!!!!

Lesson#2: Vacancy signs on the airplane lavatory in no way guarantee that there is nobody inside. I managed to slip out a "I'm very sorry sir" before the swiftly closed in my face. I was so glad that the other toilet opened up before he came out, I don't think I could have kept a straight face.

 Lesson#3: Crisis situations don't necessarily require panic. After arriving we were sitting down deciding what to eat when a very kind, polite hostess slowly walked  to our table with a big smile and said calmly in her charming British accent, "Excuse me, but I believe your menu is on fire." I glanced to my right and sure enough, my menu was directly over the centerpiece candle and was definitely on fire. My lack of observation has hit a new low. after I frantically put it out and apologized a million times she took the menu and laughing said, "don't worry, it happens all the time." Yeah right.

Lesson#4: Respect the voltage converter. Apparently if you don’t use one, your curling iron goes from 0-250 in 5.3 second. My poor lock of hair does not live to tell the tale. I hate the smell of burnt hair!

 Lesson#5: Cobble stone streets and high heels don't mix. The fall wasn't as bad as Heather's public announcement, "It's okay folks, SHE'S ALL RIGHT!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...